We collect the following from individual Nonprofit Organizations:
- Contact Information: First and last name, email, telephone number, address, and zip code
- Organization Information: Title of organization, address, website address, EIN/tax identification number, mission statement, and description of services.
- Opportunity Information: Type of opportunity, requirements, if any, for volunteering.
Washington State Mentors strongly encourages nonprofit organizations receiving e-mail addresses from potential volunteers to adopt privacy standards similar to those of WSM. You should be aware that each such organization has its own policies regarding collection and use of personal information. Washington State Mentors is not responsible for their use of your personal information. Inappropriate use of personal information received from WSM may jeopardize nonprofit listing on WSM’s mentoring organization database. Washington State Mentors reserves the right to determine, in its discretion, what constitutes inappropriate use of this information. For more about a nonprofit organization's policy, please contact them directly using the contact information posted for that organization on our site. Information from the nonprofit organizations is used by the WSM to consult with programs on ways to improve service.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Washington State Mentors will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone. Washington State Mentorship will send personally identifiable information about you to other organizations only if:
- We have your consent to share the information (as in the mentoring organization database)
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process
- Or we find that your actions on our web sites violate the Terms of Service or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services
We may share aggregate information about our users with certain third parties. This information shows user activity as a whole rather than on an individual basis and cannot be used to individually identify you. We use this information to help our partners and funders better understand our services and also to report on public interest in mentoring.
Linking to Third Party Sites
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Information
You may request the information you submit to us be edited or deleted by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by contacting us in writing at:
Washington State Mentors
1605 NW Sammamish Road, Suite 200
Issaquah, WA 98027
Art In The Making
Jen and her mentee, Zola felt a connection from the very beginning. They share a love of theater, reading, shopping and going on adventures. Zola calls her mentor, Jen a miracle and is so grateful that Mentoring Children of Promise brought them together.